About Me

All About Me:

I like a lot of books, so I made a list. I would recommend reading these books/series if you ever need a good book.

• Harry Potter by JK Rowling

(Wizards and mythical creatures)

• Wings of Fire by Tui T. Sutherland

(Dragons)

• Warriors by Erin Hunter

(Cats)

• Percy Jackson/The Heroes of Olympus/The Trials of Apollo by Rick Riordan

(Greek myths. Really impressive series. Highly recommend.)

• Seven Realms by Cinda Williams Chima 

(Magic)

• Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger

(Really cool, I really liked this one. Involves some really cool magical creatures and strange magic.)

• The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani

(Fairytales, but not what you’re thinking)

• Divergent by Veronica Roth

(Dystopian? This is a series, btw)

• Land of Stories by Chris Colfer 

(Again, fairytales, but not what you’re thinking)

• The Sisters Grimm by Michael Buckley

(Detectives, fairy tales)

• Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte

(Murder mystery)

The Fault in our Stars by John Green (WARNING: this book is extremely sad. DO NOT READ IF YOU DON’T LIKE SAD BOOKS!!! It’s about people with cancer.)

• Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky by Kwame Mbalia

(African mythology. I definitely liked this one. Very funny. This is the first book, the second is Tristan Strong Destroys the World by Kwame Mbalia)

• Renegades by Marissa Meyer

(Superheroes, but with a twist)

• A Tale Dark and Grimm, In a Glass Grimmly, and The Grimm Conclusion by Adam Gidwitz

(This one I highly recommend, just not for younger kids or sensitive people. Involves the REAL fairytales. With very interesting commentary. Lots of bloody deaths. Main characters keep dying, normally via stabbing or loss of head, and then magically come back from Hell. Also the moon eats kids. Did you know Cinderella’s real name was Ashputtle? Ashputtle means ‘Toilet Cleaner.’ Gross, am I right? Genius move, Disney. Thanks for the name change.)

Some of my favorites:

My fav food/dessert: pasta/pumpkin cheesecake

My fav animal: Wolves. I don’t really know why. Snow leopards are also a pretty close second, with peregrine falcons coming in third. Fun fact: Peregrine falcons are the fastest birds in the world.

My top 5 dog breeds:

• King Shepherd
  • Border Collie
  • Black Labrador
  • Golden Retriever/Goldendoodle
  • Rottweiler 

My fav book character (from any and all books that I have read): Percy Jackson, probably because he can still make a joke in the middle of the Eternal Pit of the Underworld.

My fav color: Purple and Turquoise/Blue

Some more info:

My name is Amelia, and I LOVE books, if that wasn’t obvious from the beginning of the page, and am always happy to recommend a good book I have read recently. I love cats, and would love to get one (or two, or three), but my mom’s allergic. 

My first pet was a fish, but she died. My next pet was a snake. The pets after that (we had them at the same time) were a little turtle and another snake. My family is trying to get a dog, but no luck so far. I have a little sister. I am in the sixth grade.