Greek myths

Hello! Today we are doing something different. Instead of learning about gods, we are learning about other myths. This post is is going to be about Greek myths.

Cyclopes are basically giants, but they only have one eye instead of two eyes like a normal person would have in their head. If you have every read or watched the movie Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Sea of Monsters, you would know that all Cyclopes are is descendants of Poseidon, the sea god, and a sea nymph, but I forget her name. You would also know that Percy Jackson has brother named Tyson, who is a Cyclopes as well. In the book (and movie), Polyphemus is mentioned. Also widely known for being one of the stops for someone from the Trojan War. But I will not go into details right now. Anyway, he was practically blinded by this person, who I know is male but I forget his name. Polyphemus is one of a couple Cyclopes who many people knew, back when the Ancient Greeks who invented them were alive, and who have their own myths.

The Trojan War is pretty simple, except I am absolutely not sure whether it is made up or not because it started with a goddess competition, but goddesses are not real, so that just may be an excuse for the real reason of the war. It is one of Greek’s many mythology mysteries that I really want to solve. The goddess competition was for who was the fairest goddess of them all. The three competitors were Hera, goddess of marriage and childbirth as well as queen of the gods and Zeus’s wife, Athena, goddess of wisdom, and Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty.

Well, that ends my post. See you on my blog next time!

2 thoughts on “Greek myths

1. Wow, Amelia! This is fantastic! I love how you described everyone in such a nice way! Can’t wait to read the rest of your blog!
    Samiya